The Sales Manager (SM) wins, maintains, and expands relationships across various channels such as direct sales, partnerships to support company growth and meet sales objectives. Sales Manager is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and partner in recruiting dynamic talent. The Sales Manager hires, retains, coaches and conducts performance review according to company policy.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Set a vision for the team, provide efficient/effective process, and coach salespeople to use the process and achieve the vision
- Collaborate with marketing to identify, develop, and modify sales training materials
- Maintain a proactive awareness of point of sale store-based retail technology systems, this includes the design, support, and servicing of various retail applications, application support, and retail infrastructure categories
- Oversee various technology projects, directly or indirectly, and work closely with IT technical and support teams to manage overall operational stability of the retail applications
- On a daily/weekly basis:
- Implement performance plans, develop sales contests and incentives to drive performance
- Meet with reps to provide feedback, support, and training
- Accurately forecast on a weekly and monthly cadence to meet and exceed quotas
- Track sales team metrics and report data to leadership on a regular basis
- Ensure sales team adhere to company policies and processes such as CRM, ongoing customer and sales analytics
- Lead weekly and/or monthly meetings with the sales team and leadership
- Manage day-to-day performance of sales reps and deliver reviews
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying the integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Qualification & Education Requirements
- Retail Store Systems POS, implementation, and/or support experience
- High school diploma/GED required (Associate degree in a business-related field preferred)
- Ability to remain professional and courteous with customers at all times
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Working knowledge of customer service software, databases, and tools
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities
- Ability to develop and follow processes that help accelerate sales performance, measure outcomes and support CRM
- Must be available to work occasional nights, holidays and weekends