An Inside Sale / Customer Service Specialist, or CSS, will act as a liaison, provide product/services information and resolve any emerging problems that our customer accounts might face with accuracy and efficiency. The goal is to ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries and maintain high customer satisfaction. The CSS will report to Sales Manager / Customer Service Manager.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Answers incoming customer calls regarding sales inquiry, billing issues, product problems, service questions, and general client concerns.
- Identify and assess customers’ needs, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism and build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication.
- Organize/coordinate on-boarding/installation with internal colleagues and ensure all appropriate documentation has been received from the customer per company policy.
- Installation/updates/replacement of products for the new customer and manage existing customers.
- Inventory log, daily report management, and proper inventory management documentation of terminals/equipment – shipping and receiving.
- Ship appropriate equipment to the new or existing customer as needed per company policy.
- Ensure seamless data conversion for new installations or updates.
- Appropriately train new customers on our products and services, follow up to ensure ease of use.
- Update customer information in the customer service database during and after each call (such as ticketing system).
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools.
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts, and file documents.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies.
- Work with the management team to stay updated on product knowledge and be informed of any changes in company policies.
- Impact the company’s bottom line by problem-solving and turning frustrated clients into repeat customers.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Retail management solutions, software hardware, and computer skills required.
- Networking/MYSQL skills preferred merchant services.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma/GED required (associate degree in a business related field preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to remain professional and courteous with customers at all times.
- Must be available to work occasional nights, holidays and weekends.
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a client service representative.
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening.
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities.